[Inpycon] Lightning Talks @ Pycon India

Jaseem Abid jaseemabid at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 11:07:47 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Shrayas rajagopal <shrayasr at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > I'd like to propose that we run lightning talks at Pycon through the
> Funnel with a lightweight approach that still keeps things informal.
> >
> > How does this sound?
> >
> > Arvi
>
> ​While using the funnel really sounds like a good idea, It has the same
> drawback as using trello or any of the other online services - You need to
> be on that platform to use it. ​Going offline like @rmc suggested
> definitely seems like a better option.
>
> Though, with that said.. How about we use this year as an experimentation
> phase. Let us prepare an offline version as well but market the online
> version more than the offline thing. Naturally if the online version
> doesn't work out, people will fall back on the offline one but it will give
> us an idea about the acceptance of doing something like this online.
>
> Thoughts?

I support the idea of mainly online, but a planned offline method. A funnel
is easy browse, and easier to vote compared to a solution built on google
forms.

Personally I think most of the folks who come with have a smartphone to
check the funnel without wifi or will be with someone who can do that or in
the worst case find someone who can do that for them. We can have a machine
near regn desk providing access to funnel to check schedule if required,
right?

> Also, Is it possible to contact the PyCon US folks to see how they
> organized this? If @Anand, @Noufal or @Arvi or the others have some
> contacts, I could take up the responsibility to figure how they did things.
>
> /S

Regards,

Jaseem Abid
github.com/jaseemabid