[Inpycon] Free pass for two youngest engineer

Jaseem Abid jaseemabid at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 23:09:58 CEST 2014

I'm curious!

I'd be happy to see kids learning programming early, an opportunity I guess
most of us missed growing up in India. In the worst case, we lose some
time, but if this actually turns out to be good, it will touch a lot of
people leading to greater good. Thanks to Vijay for bringing this up.

Also, how old should someone be to require a ticket to attend pycon? Can a
kid just come along with his parent? Just to see if he is interested in the
whole business?

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Arvi Krishnaswamy <arvi at alumni.iastate.edu
> wrote:

> wrote:
>
>> However, I'd shy away from doing messaging around "youngest *". They
>> are receiving a free pass because the committee respects their work
>> and desires that it be shared with an audience.
>>

> ​+1 - I was also a bit queasy about youngest being the criteria that may
> be implied, although it is one of the criteria that is relevant in this
> case.  I think Vijay will take care of ensuring this is communicated
> effectively.
>

>> > BTW who is Mr Patil (who has submitted the entry in the funnel
>> >
>> http://in.pycon.org/funnel/2014/120-expeyes-python-powered-open-source-portable-science-lab
>> )?
>> > Is that their teacher?  If so, what is their contribution to this versus
>> > what the teacher has taught them and will be getting them to present?
>> Will
>> > this be setting a precedent now that Python is getting popular at
>> schools?
>> > How will be develop guidance on this for the future?
>>
>> A policy around this should probably be around the quantity/quality of
>> work. Do Python Conferences have any specific T&C around individuals
>> who are not yet 'adults' (as per the local criteria)? Asking this
>> because it is better to sort that out now than later
>

> ​Good question! Who would be the right person to check in with about this?​

Regards,

Jaseem Abid
github.com/jaseemabid