[Inpycon] Suggestion: Mike arrangement for Q&A after talks

Shrayas rajagopal shrayasr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 14:11:22 CEST 2014

Hey all,

I've always felt that the Q&A session after each talk is really a time of
chaos: for the speaker to find the person asking the question, for the
person to wait for the mic and for the person moving the mic from one place
to another.

So how about we try this this year: Let us keep 2 standing mics in the
auditoriums, somewhere equidistant and ask the participants who have
questions to line up and wait for their turn.

I've seen this work in a fair share of places - The google talks and I
think debconf 2014 where there was a Q&A session with Linus took this
approach. I'm sure other conferences do it too.

This helps in the following ways:
1. No one has to run around to handover mics
2. No one has to wait for the mic when it is clearly their turn to ask a
question
3. The speaker knows exactly where to concentrate.
4. Since it will be on a first come first serve basis, it will be easy for
the speaker to moderate the questions

In terms of equipment, we'll just need 2 stands for the mics in every
auditorium. I assume we already have the mics for this.

What do y'all think?

/S