[Inpycon] Suggestion: Mike arrangement for Q&A after talks

Numan Siddique numan.siddique at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 15:21:37 CEST 2014

On Sep 13, 2014 6:13 PM, "Shrayas rajagopal" <shrayasr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > But I think it might be a bit difficult in the Audi's of nimhans
> >
> ​ -
> Numan Siddique​
>> Why do you think so?​

I think there is not enough space in the seating rows that a person can
come out of his/her seat without causing disturbance to others.

> > This will work when you have a bunch of audience who are bound to have
questions. For your example, when you're doing a Q&A session with Linus,
more and more people are bound to have questions and because it's Linus,
they have the motivation to get up from their seat and come to the mic to
ask them.

> > In our case, most participants are new to PyCon and even attending any
conferences. Most of them are too afraid to even ask questions. Well, at
least I was the first time I attended PyCon. I don't think this will help a
lot in solving that problem for regular sessions. This could be done for
the keynotes though. And even panel discussions.

> ​ ​
> - Bibhas​
>
> ​HMM. Well that is just one case, right? How many of them coming to PyCon
are really first time attendees? I understand that people will be nervous,
and I was too the first time I attended but maybe this will be an
opportunity for them to open up. ​

> How do you think moving the mic around helps over this approach? Is it
because then they'd be seated and not too "exposed"?

> Anyway, this is an approach i'm suggesting we try. If it doesn't work out
for the first 2-3 sessions then we can always have the mics moved around.