[Inpycon] Screening of "The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz" during PyCon India 2014

Vignesh Prabhu lists at viggy.in
Wed Sep 17 19:39:51 CEST 2014

Hi friends,

On Friday 01 August 2014 01:42 PM, Jaseem Abid wrote:

> Open space is good. We can have a discussion afterwards on internet
> privacy and related topics if time permits.

Can we confirm that the movie screening can be taken up as part of Open
Space. For the discussion, we have requested Lawrence Liang from
Alternative Law Forum to lead the discussion and suggested tentative
time as around 6:00 pm on 27th Sept for the discussion. He is yet to
confirm his availability. As a well known lawyer working on issues on
Intellectual Property, he also worked with Aaron Swartz and can give
very good insight in Indian context. It will also be good if people here
who worked with Aaron also plan to share their experiences working with
him etc. The movie is of 100 mins and though we wanted to shorten it, we
were not able to do it due to time constraints. If the movie can start
screening from around 4:30 pm, then there will be good enough time to
have discussions after it also without having to class with Speakers
Dinner Party or 8:00 pm deadline at Nimhans.
Datameet in their Bangalore Meetup recently had the movie screening and
interesting discussions after the movie regarding the recently amended
Goonda Act in Karnataka[1].
I am not sure what is the procedure for registering/applying for
openspace events. Can someone with experience and interested in this
please take this up and do the needful?

[1] -
http://datameet.org/2014/09/03/bangalore-screening-of-the-internets-own-boy/

Regards,