[Inpycon] Screening of "The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz" during PyCon India 2014

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 07:29:50 CEST 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:21 AM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Vignesh,
>      We need to check with open space volunteer if  we have time slot
> available for this.
>      Audi 3 has capacity of around 100 people so please let me know plan
> accordingly
>      Once it's confirm  will work with NIHMANS  member to get permission
> if required.

I think Audi 3 will too small for that. Can we use Audi 2 for that?

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 11:09 PM, Vignesh Prabhu <lists at viggy.in> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>>
>> On Friday 01 August 2014 01:42 PM, Jaseem Abid wrote:
>> >

>> > Open space is good. We can have a discussion afterwards on internet
>> > privacy and related topics if time permits.
>> >
>> Can we confirm that the movie screening can be taken up as part of Open
>> Space. For the discussion, we have requested Lawrence Liang from
>> Alternative Law Forum to lead the discussion and suggested tentative
>> time as around 6:00 pm on 27th Sept for the discussion. He is yet to
>> confirm his availability. As a well known lawyer working on issues on
>> Intellectual Property, he also worked with Aaron Swartz and can give
>> very good insight in Indian context.

I'll be great to have him there.

It will also be good if people here
>> who worked with Aaron also plan to share their experiences working with
>> him etc.

I've worked with Aaron and I'll be there to share my experiences.

> The movie is of 100 mins and though we wanted to shorten it, we
>> were not able to do it due to time constraints. If the movie can start
>> screening from around 4:30 pm, then there will be good enough time to
>> have discussions after it also without having to class with Speakers
>> Dinner Party or 8:00 pm deadline at Nimhans.

I think we can start at 4:45PM. The last talk in Audi 2 ends at 4:45. There
are lightening talks for next 45 minutes in Audi 1, but I think this can
happen in parallel.

> Datameet in their Bangalore Meetup recently had the movie screening and
>> interesting discussions after the movie regarding the recently amended
>> Goonda Act in Karnataka[1].
>> I am not sure what is the procedure for registering/applying for
>> openspace events. Can someone with experience and interested in this
>> please take this up and do the needful?

I'll take care of this.

Anand