[Inpycon] A small query

Bibhas me at bibhas.in
Sat Sep 20 19:32:23 CEST 2014

Hey Noufal,

On 09/20/2014 10:31 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 20 2014, Vinay Dahiya wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to bump this up one more time are we going to try this
>> local mirror idea this year ?  Haven't got any definitive answers.
> [...]
>
> Is this a pain point during any of the previous events?

I think this is more of a nice-to-have feature. We don't know if it was
cause of any trouble in previous years because we never monitored Pypi
installations. We've had network outage, but we don't know if more
people downloading data from pypi was one of the reasons. Kingsly says
it's possible to set it up. Maybe we'll get a better idea if we talk to
him in person on 25th. Even if we don't do it, we have a better internet
connection this year. So, yeah, nice-to-have, but not priority.