[Inpycon] Missed call based voting system

Aravind Krishnaswamy arvi at alumni.iastate.edu
Tue Sep 23 20:49:52 CEST 2014

I quickly whipped this missed call based voting app together today. I'm
using Exotel's platform to fetch incoming missed call data, and then
storing it in Parse. This gets pulled into a Multidict and tallied up
for votes. It can handle 60+ missed calls per minute (limitation of
free Parse plan), and doesnt require attendees to have data
connectivity. Feedback can be collected at the end of every session.

In any case, this is pretty raw and there's no way it will be
production ready for use for the conference. But if it is stable
enough, and runs well in trials earlier, it may be a candidate for
informal voting only during the panel discussion. This would be just
for audience entertainment purposes if we end up trying it out. If
there is interest in this, we can consider whether it may be worth
building this out further for next year's conference.

https://github.com/arg0s/ungli

If any of you would like to help out with this - let me know. By all
means, fork away and send in a PR.

Arvi