[Inpycon] Ticket prices.

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 15:14:38 CEST 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 9:11 PM, Haris Ibrahim K. V. <blucalvin at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 15 April 2015 at 07:34, Haris Ibrahim K. V. <blucalvin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Ladies and Gentlemen,
> >
> > We are planning to open registrations by the first week of May.
> > According to the expenses, we have come up with the pricing tiers for
> > tickets. Per head cost for the conference comes around to Rs. 1200.
> > This includes breakfast, lunch, tea and snacks on both the days, plus
> > a T-shirt.
> >
> > Pricing tiers:
> >
> > 1. Early Python            : Rs. 1000 (150 tickets. No cancellation.
> > Transferable)
> > 2. Regular Python        : Rs. 1200
> > 3. Late Python             : Rs. 1800
> > 4. Student Python        : Rs. 1000
> > 5. On-the-spot Python : Rs. 2500 (For two days. One day tickets are
> > harder to manage considering time and effort. We'll see if we can
> > manage it and issue accordingly)
> >
> > 6. Workshop Python    : Rs. 1500 (Per workshop. 30 people per
> > workshop. We will be paying a handsome honorarium for the workshop
> > instructors)
>
> Do share your thoughts, if any. We'll close the thread by Sunday and
> work on getting the registrations up as well as getting the
> registration volunteers together.

Sorry for responding late, but I think the tutorial price is on the higher
side. With 30 participants paying Rs. 1500/- for a half-a-day workshop, we
are effectively charging Rs. 90K/-day. I think that is pretty high.

Also from the past experience, not all workshop instructors are experienced
trainers, so charging that high may not be a good idea.

I suggest Rs. 1000/- per workshop with 5 seats with 50% student discount.

The current honorarium is good enough. Raising it further might attract
people for wrong reasons.