[Inpycon] Call for volunteer meet

Kracekumar Ramaraju me at kracekumar.com
Mon Apr 20 22:05:13 CEST 2015

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>
wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 19 2015, Kracekumar Ramaraju wrote:
>
> > Hi All
> >
> >  We are having volunteers meet on April 25, from 12.00 PM to 1.00 PM.
> >
> > Venue: IBM, EGL, Domlur [1].
> >
> > Agenda:
> >
> > 1. Finding out volunteers for registration and other tasks.
> > 2. Discussion about planning Dev Sprint.
>
> That's just a week away isn't it? Allow me to propose an alternative.
>
> I propose that a thread be started here mentioning the various tasks for
> which people are needed and then to gather volunteers for all
> them. i.e. assemble a "proto team" here on the mailing list. A lot of
> people other than the ones just in Bangalore can participate then.
>
> Once that gains some momentum (say one or two weeks), call a f2f meeting
> sometime in early to mid May to make things solid. I think the meeting
> will be more productive and useful.

That's exactly what we want to do. We want to build momentum in the list
and also in the ground.

For example, Registration task is planned to commence in May, the lead
volunteer,
Haris will put more details on the list.

The reason to have volunteer meet during meetup is to spread awareness about
PyCon India and reaching out to potential volunteers. Also, having
volunteer meet
during meetup makes easier to find venue, co ordination etc ...

We want to have this meeting as starting point and have more such meet
often.
As part of BangPypers meetup [1] dev sprint is planned for next month. This
may be
good place to experiment few ideas which aligns with agenda.

[1]: http://www.meetup.com/BangPypers/events/183466652/

[...]
> --
> Cordially,