[Inpycon] Call for volunteer meet

Kracekumar Ramaraju me at kracekumar.com
Sat Apr 25 22:20:23 CEST 2015

Minutes of meeting

25 people attended today's volunteer meet and we discussed on two key points
which was shared earlier.

1. Dev sprint planning

- Goal of the dev sprint to get all participants send patch to open source
projects.
- Venue capacity for dev sprint is 100 - 150.
- Dev sprint is new in PyCon India, we need to understand participants
exposure in Python and area of interest to work.
- Significant amount of participants can be first timers, so having a
mentor for
project will help.
- We need to come up with survey to capture the information about
participants
and potential mentors.
- Similar to CFP, projects needs to submitted in prior and we will
shortlist the
projects. Idea behind this is to encourage participants to collaborate in
advance.
- Criteria behind selecting a project is simple, a proper README file,
instruction to how to setup and contribute instructions.
- We need to have committee for screening projects and follow up with
mentors and
answer participants query.
- Call for volunteers for dev sprint planning team for ground volunteering
and pre event planning.
- Internet is quite unreliable, participants should be advised to carry
their
own internet dongle.
- Reach to local user groups to conduct dev sprint as exposure to
participants.
- Participants for dev sprint will be charged nominal fee.
- 6 volunteers have come forward to help dev sprint.

- Action Item

Sayan will open separate thread to discuss about dev sprint planning,
feedback,
volunteers, and other details. As this task requires long planning,
there will be multiple emails.

2. CFP promotion

- Tentative last day for CFP is May 31.
- We have sent emails to various mailing list and previous year speakers.
- We need to reach out to various startups, large companies, educational
institutes
and researchers to submit proposal.
- We will come up with generic email text for forwarding inside the company.
- Come up with single image/poster image which can be shared
inside companies containing details about CFP.
- Send reminder to mailing list and previous speakers once again about CFP.
- Share official CFP details in social media like Twitter [1], Facebook [2].
- It is good to collect data about companies we reached out in separate
form from
various people.
- Reach out to python related newsletters like PyCoders, Python Weekly etc
- Post on various online networks like Reddit, Facebook technology groups
etc ..
- Contact python/programming related meetup groups moderators to share CFP
details
in their group like OpenStack, DevOps, Data Science etc ...

- Action Items

- We request interested individual to spread CFP and reach out to various
meetups, organization and inside their company.
- Vanitha will start separate thread to ask volunteer for come up email
template
and Image.

Please add any points which I missed.

Thanks for all volunteers for turning up and providing feedback.

[1]: https://twitter.com/pyconindia
[2]: https://www.facebook.com/PyConIndia

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV <noufal at nibrahim.net.in>
wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 24 2015, Kracekumar Ramaraju wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> >  Reminder, we are meeting tomorrow in IBM, Domlur, from 12.00 PM to
> >  1.00 PM.
>
> Do post a summary of the meeting.
>
> [...]
>

> --