[Inpycon] PyCon India 2016

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 17:06:10 CEST 2015

Hello everyone,

Every year at AGM of PSSI we decide where to host PyCon India for next year.
It been 3 consecutive years we are doing in Bangalore.
Running PyCon India is very big effort, interested local group should do
some homework and convince the community that they can run the conference
effectively.

Here is what you can do now.

* Call for a meeting in your city, preferably in the python usergroup
mailing list and discuss with everyone.

* PyCon India requires a venue of 1200+ capacity. Find out what venues are
available in your city and how much it costs. (This year we are paying
close to 2L/day for NIMHANS).

* PyCon India requires a lot of sponsorships to meet the expenditure. Major
part of the sponsorships usually comes from the hosting city. Show the
community that you can raise sponsorships by getting at least a couple of
sponsorships from your city for this year's PyCon India.

* PyCon India gets better every year. We would like that to continue even
after it moves to a different city. You should get involved in running the
event this year and understand the details, so that you don't have to
reinvent them again.

Interested?