[Inpycon] Python Express - Moving Forward

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 09:10:21 CEST 2015

Hi,

--- On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Anand Chitipothu
<anandology at gmail.com> wrote:
| https://github.com/anandology/broadgauge
|
| BSD license.
\--

The copyright is owned by you and the license is BSD. Technically,
nothing is preventing you or anyone from forking it. The question is
whether the term "Python Express" can be used, unless it is
trademarked. Given your technical skills and the interest in taking
the project forward, I am sure you can call it whatever name you want,
and I will encourage you to run your own show.

The blog page [1] does say that the project is from PSSI, and history
cannot be changed. From the perspective of PSSI (although I cannot
speak for them), I feel that they (or any organization) wouldn't want
to start a trend where a project that was initiated by them would go
out of their hands. I can see this from past e-mails [2].

What PSSI decides on "Python Express" is not going to affect you in
any way, because, you will be running your own workshops. Even if PSSI
did continue to support the project, the source code still gives
credit to your work through copyright, and people will benefit from
more Python workshops.

It is perfectly acceptable for people to move in and out of teams, and
for new projects to be created.

Best wishes,

SK

[1] Python Express Blog. http://blog.pythonexpress.in/