[Inpycon] Suggestion for panel members for PyCon India 2015

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Mon Feb 2 09:53:32 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 02 2015, Anand Chitipothu wrote:

[...]

> Why don't we start with the talk selection team last year? IMHO, that was
> the best talk selection team I've seen so far. There could be some mistakes
> and wrong decisions, but it was surely in the right direction.

+1. An independent talk selection committee led by someone is better
than the core team trying to handle it.

The better approach would be to ask for someone who can lead such a
group and figure that on the list.

Then let that person take care of finding qualified people to discuss
talks and select them.

> This worries me. Who is going to review this and on what basis? Who is
> on the panel for selecting the talk-selection-panel?

Agreed. This business of nominating people and then it being screened by
some internal group is a step backwards.

[...]

--
Cordially,
Noufal