[Inpycon] Suggestion for panel members for PyCon India 2015

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:26:46 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 2:42 PM, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree at mahiti.org>
wrote:

> On 2 February 2015 at 14:37, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Agreed. This business of nominating people and then it being screened by
>>> some internal group is a step backwards.

>> don't see it to be step backwards.
>>    Instead it give us opportunity to get new members and better panel
>> team.
>>

> Feel, its not a transparent process. Lets just ask for volunteers to come
> forward and join the talk selection committee. If you want to set criterial
> like the volunteer should have spoken in some past conference/ should be
> active community, etc..., lets evolve it here.
>

>> By requesting to fill form we are asking them to come forward and
nominate where they can nominate themselves  or other(if they are not in
mailing list)
     I think basic criteria is technical expertise and knowledge.
     Other criteria like presentation and content can be planned once we
get team.
    I suggest to have 3 members team for each section so it will not burden
panelist also.