[Inpycon] Suggestion for panel members for PyCon India 2015

vijay kumar vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:46:30 CET 2015

> I think we tried something similar to this last year and I, for one,
> think that although the talks could have been better, the method of
> working was a step forward.
>
> We are moving forward on basis on our experience from last few years.

> >> Agreed. This business of nominating people and then it being screened
> >> by some internal group is a step backwards.
> >>
> >They will be selected purely on their experience and expertise so i
> >don't see it to be step backwards.  Instead it give us opportunity to
> >get new members and better panel team.
>

> Here's my general idea.
>
> 1. Identify general areas which need to be worked on (e.g. sponsorships,
>    talk selection etc.)
>
> >> It all depends on volunteer support , that what we have been working on.

3. Discuss *on the list* to find people who can lead these areas. That's
>    something that will have to be done on the list. If a "leader" is
>    already well known and has a track record, he or she can work mostly
>    independently. Otherwise, there will have to be some amount of
>    oversight and guidance.
>
> >> I think we shouldn't choose leader here. Volunteer who is active for
that year  automatically become leader. This has worked successfully last
year i would request to continue same.

> 4. Let these people be in charge of their areas and let them do their
>    work without interference or policing. You and the other people
>    involved at the top level can do mostly oversight and coordinating
>    between teams. This scales much better and gives an opportunity for
>    new people to get involved.
>
>> That's the plan we follow, but when thing goes beyond certain level we
take over and proceed as show needs to run irrespective of individual or
team issues.

> As the conference grows, I think we should decentralise more. That's the
> only way it'll sustain.
>
>> It already in-place except few areas which we have identified and
working on improvement on those.
     We are already group of 50 active volunteer last year. Hope to see old
and new volunteer come together and take PyCon India to next level.

Let focus on getting more panelist as talks are critical section of
Conference.