[Inpycon] Video Management in PyCon India 2015

Kracekumar Ramaraju me at kracekumar.com
Wed Feb 18 20:01:21 CET 2015

Hi

There are few technical issues we face

 - Most of the time captured video requires snip at the start/end. Say the
recording started as soon as speaker is on stage,
then there is some technical issue in setting up laptop. As a result first
1 - 2 minutes may show speaker setup, these minutes needs a cut.

- Syncing audio and video. Normally there will be audio and video lag. One
needs to listen to few minutes of the video and find the lag(+/- few
seconds), then use appropriate
tool to adjust the audio sync multiple times to get it correct. Doing this
for almost 20 talks is tiresome at the end of the day.

If above aren't done during the conference, it becomes hard to get it done
after conference, as every volunteer is tired and back to work.

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 9:05 PM, Anurag <anurag3rdsep at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I had volunteered for the video management last year and was the best part
> for me.
> I would love to take up the task this year as well .
>
> I also agree about giving more time for volunteers to come forward.
>
> Thanks.

Regards
Kracekumar Ramaraju
http://kracekumar.com