[Inpycon] Sponsorship Amount/ Benefits for Pycon India 2015

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:22:39 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:48 PM, vijay kumar <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Sreekanth S Rameshaiah <sree at mahiti.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Feel modular format is going to make it more difficult to compute
>> sponsorship cost( for both us and sponsors). Suggest using the previous
>> year format but altering bronze cost to 1.5 L instead of 2.
>> Post 50% discount it will be more affordable to small businesses.
>>

> >>Instead how about adding associate sponsor Rs 50,000  who get facilities
> similar to silver except they don't get table/contact point kit.

I think the sponsorship amount is too high for entry level. The sponsorship
amount was raised by 1L for all the slabs in 2014. It means the silver is
up by 100%, gold by 50% and platinum by 25%. I've even sent a mail earlier
pointing that[1].

I strongly recommend to reconsider that.

IMHO, we should encourage more companies to have their presence at PyCon
India. Lowering the sponsorship slabs is a step in the right direction.

For comparison, the silver sponsorship amount of US PyCon and proposed
amount for PyCon India are almost the same. PyCon Singapore is 4x
cheaper[3].

[1]: https://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2014-May/008089.html
[2]: https://us.pycon.org/2015/sponsors/prospectus/#Silver
[3]: https://pycon.sg/sponsorship/