[Inpycon] Webfaction sponsoring server to python India community

Arvi Krishnaswamy arvi at alumni.iastate.edu
Fri Jan 30 08:01:04 CET 2015

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Saurabh Kumar <thes.kumar at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 5:26 PM, vignesh <vignesh.sarma at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Another alternate is to host all our static sites on github,

​I current host my blog (www.arg0s.in)​ and a few other static sites (for
landing page experiments and a/b tests) using jekyll + gh-pages on github.
While they work great in general, I've seen a drop in performance at high
load. When one of my blog posts made it to page 1 of hacker news, I had
10K+ visitors in a day and things were a bit slow. I'm considering moving
high traffic sites over to run on Amazon S3/Cloudfront with a Wercker job
to push things automatically. I suspect github should work for most of the
static sites, but for the conference pages which may see spikes around when
pycon happens, you may want to consider E2E since their latency is hard to
beat where the audience is primarily in India.