[Inpycon] Moving in.pycon.org to PSSI server

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 11:13:10 CET 2015

Hi,

Currently I'm hosting in.pycon.org on my personal server. There was a plan
to move in.pycon.org website to PSSI servers. I think I suggested that an
year back, but never got a chance to finish that.

In addition to the in.pycon.org website, I also host the mail server for
in.pycon.org.

I'm planning to work on it soon and here is the plan that I've in mind.

* Setup mail server on new node. - Krace?
* Setup http server on new node serving in.pycon.org and proxy all requests
to current in.pycon.org IP address (see dig in.pycon.org for IP) - Krace?
* Change the IP address of in.pycon.org to the new server[1] - Anand
* Take static dump of 2011-2014 events and funnel [2]. - Anand
* Setup the webserver to serve 2010-2014 pages from static dump. - Krace?

Notes:
[1] - in.pycon.org was setup a CNAME to pycon.anandology.com so that we can
change IP without having to bug PSF folks. Feel free to change that if that
is an issue.
[2]: static dump of 2010 website is already taken.

Please let me know if you see any issues or have any suggestions for
improvements.