[Inpycon] Python Express - Moving Forward

Anand Chitipothu anandology at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 05:46:43 CEST 2015

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 10:50 AM, satyaakam goswami <satyaakam at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Option 1 - Let Python Express run as a PSSI project
>>
>> That means that the important decisions about the project will be
>> discussed and decided by the PSSI board.
>>

> ​Now you are making it sound like this nebulous org which has overgrown
> itself :-) ,may be it has who knows .  Yes PSSI is serving its purpose of
> running Pycon India event lets keep it running it in whatever form in
>  future.​

Well, there are overhead when you are an organisation. You have to be very
careful about every penny you spend, requires lot of book keeping to please
the auditors. Also, any mistake happens, the reputation of PSSI will be at
stake, we need to extra careful.

I think these things will be too much overhead when the project is small.

Option 2 - Let Python Express evolve as independent community project

>> This means Python Express can make decisions freely, move fast and have
>> the luxury of making mistakes once in a while. Also much easier to manage
>> if we need to spend some money.
>>
>> I'm very much in favour of #2 because that gives lot more freedom for the
>> project to evolve.
>>

> ​Yes this too can form an org in itself to support the activity .​ yeah we
> should go with option 2 afaik this has been doing good so far .

If it grows that much, then we can worry about bringing it under the
umbrella of PSSI. May be we don't need that many organisations.