[Inpycon] Python Express - Moving Forward

Haris Ibrahim K. V. blucalvin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 03:54:37 CEST 2015

On 23 July 2015 at 22:48, Noufal Ibrahim KV <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:

> +1 for something actually happening and people benefiting from
> workshops rather than being in limbo like this.

I second this. It is natural for people to have a personal interest in
projects where they might contribute more because they are passionate
about it. I don't see that as a reason for discouraging anyone, and
also especially since we all know the potential of something like
Python Express.

I think if Anand is interested in driving the project, then he should.
Have a plan of action and then ask for volunteers. People who are
interested in helping out will raise their hands.

Also, following the thread, I still feel the distinction between the
option1 and option2 that was made at the beginning is still unclear.
What would anyone have to do differently if a Python project they are
working passionately on needs to be branded as a PSSI project? And
what benefits will that have? People (referred to as community) who
want to help out will help out. Those "people" include the PSSI
members, board members and interested volunteers.

To add to that, it would seem PSSI has declared its support already in
terms of helping out financially.

What is the *actual* blocker here?

--
Haris Ibrahim K. V.