[Inpycon] Python Express - Moving Forward

Vijay Bang vnbang2003 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 06:10:58 CEST 2015

> On 24-Jul-2015, at 08:54, Haris Ibrahim K. V. <blucalvin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 24 July 2015 at 08:00, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> The blocker I think is some people want it to be a PSSI project. What does
>>> it mean is not very clear to me, but I'm very scared of that idea given the
>>> past experiences.
>>>
>>> If you want to run a mini conference, PSSI requires you to write down a
>>> detailed proposal, make sure you have great internet connectivity, write
>>> down detailed budget plans and marketing plans. If you want to do workshops,
>>> PSSI decides where to buy stickers.
>>>
>>> I don't understand why PSSI want to own and control things? Shouldn't it
>>> just step aside, let diverse ideas evolve and support them whenever
>>> possible?
>>>
>>> I want to focus on doing Python workshops. Not on debating 2 days about
>>> where to buy stickers. I say "I" because I'm committing my time. If people
>>> think that hijacking I can't help.
>>

>> To put it in other words, IMHO it requires lot of decentralization to make
>> the Python Express project succeed and scale. PSSI, so far has been trying
>> to make central decisions and keep control of everything it does.
>>
>> I just don't think Python Express can succeed in the shade of PSSI.
>
> As much as I think PSSI's attitude should be "Hey, you seem to be
> doing some nice Python community work, can we help in any way to make
> it better?",
I see pssi doing same . It just some people are showing pssi as blocker with out giving reason .

>  there is a good reason why PSSI has the current
> structure in place. It must have
> Having said that, I don't think *some people* wanting it to be a PSSI
> project is a real blocker for you to proceed, Anand. Is it?
>
> I see the current situation as more or less like how Bangpypers
> evolved last year when Krace took personal interest in it and scaled
> it up. There needn't be discussions for every topic of workshops, or
> every company where it is being hosted each month. That'll be ver
Bangpypers didn't start as pssi and pycon India Runup event . When some project started as pssi how valid is it to say next year it personal project?

Am still not seeing any reason where pssi is controlling project .

As said , volunteer is what is missing if it's fix everything is solved .
Pythonexpress still can run independently like pycon India . Every project needs protocol to be followed and no one can deny it and this is what am not able see .

Python month followed protocol hence it was successful . Last year no protocol was followed hence it failed .