[Inpycon] Python Express - Moving Forward

Sreekanth S Rameshaiah sree at mahiti.org
Fri Jul 24 08:39:39 CEST 2015

On 24 July 2015 at 11:54, Anand Chitipothu <anandology at gmail.com> wrote:

> Still there isn't clear explanation what is the problem of being PSSI
>> project.
>> Unless it is clear there is no use of pushing it.
>>

> Let me turn it around.
>
> It is not clear what it means by a "PSSI project". Unless it is clear,
> there is no use of pushing it.

The event ran under PSSI/ IPSS banner before. It should continue to do so
unless there is a justification to move it away from it.
As someone who lead the pre-conference  python promotional efforts( it was
yet to be called python-month/ python-express then) in 2010 in around 20+
colleges in Karnataka I feel its sad that the program is forcibly being
taken away from the community just because someone wants to run it on his
own.

> I've explained my reservations in:
> https://mail.python.org/pipermail/inpycon/2015-July/009983.html

This is in correct reference. You do not have to submit anything to PSSI
for running a mini-conference. If you need funding from PSSI to run the
mini-conference only then you need to follow the guidelines.
https://pssi.org.in/miniconf/