[Inpycon] Python Express - Moving Forward

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Wed Jul 29 05:01:41 CEST 2015

On Wed, Jul 29 2015, sankarshan wrote:

[...]

> ^^^ The obvious flaw in that line of logic is that you present PSSI as
> a body that is unwilling to experiment and thus will not be the
> preferred choice for any future projects.
[...]

I'd go further. Here's my analysis of the current Python Express thread.

1. Nothing is being done (atleast not obviously so) for Python
   Month/Express Workshops.
2. Anand sends an email saying that he wants to revive it and will take
   the lead.
3. Lots of people chime in opposing this for vague reasons like
   "community project", "PSSI project", "volunteers" etc.[1]
4. Anand finally says that if someone else wants to lead it, they can do
   so and he'll step back. No one comes up (it's been almost a week
   since that email went out).
5. A suggestion came up to park the thread (and as a side effect, Python
   month/express goes back into cold storage).

In summary, someone wants to take the initiative/lead for to do
something that's obviously beneficial for the community. The PSSI steps
in with vague arguments about ownership and stuff and kills enthusiasm
of the person who wanted to do it. End result? No Python month. No
Python express. Winner? No one. Loser? Community (especially newcomers
who will benefit from workshops).

Footnotes:
[1]  Any project including this one will fail if there are no
volunteers. PSSI or not.

--
Cordially,
Noufal