[Inpycon] Suggestion on CFP

Vanitha Shanmugam vani.pree at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:56:09 CEST 2015

> > We received a suggestion on PyCon India proposers presenting their talk
> in
> > local user group meetups to get early feedback from public on the talks
> > submitted.
>
> How was this suggestion received and would you be able to provide a
> link to the conversation (email etc) bringing this up?

Unfortunately I could not share a link to the conversation as it was a
suggestion provided through email to me. It was not brought up in any
mailing list or public forum and that was the reason this thread was
started to discuss on the pros and cons and to understand the feasibility
of it.

> > We feel its a good idea as along with reviewer's feedback we can consider
> > the feedback what we get from local user groups as well.
>
> Unless this was clearly mentioned prior to the CfP being opened up and
> submissions review being underway, this would be somewhat unfair to
> the due process.

Agreed.

> This is a good idea but the implementation and inclusion of the
> feedback (qualitative/quantitative) is required to be thought through
> and possibly made part of 2016.

Yes, we can consider this for next year.
IMO, we can leave this to proposers this year. If a proposer wants to
present his/her talk and get feedback for themselves prior to PyCon India
they can approach the local user groups and plan things.

Thanks,
Vanitha