[Inpycon] [X-Post] Accommodation for Female Participants during PyCon India 2015

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Wed Mar 18 18:50:02 CET 2015

Removing diversity and bangpypers - please post to those lists
separately. Cross posting makes it hard to reply in a single shot.

On Wed, Mar 18 2015, Vanitha Shanmugam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Every year @ InPyCon we see that female participants who come from outside
> Bangalore face problems with accommodation.
>
> This year we are hoping to help them find places which are safe, affordable
> and easily accessible from PyCon India venue.
>
> We are looking for suggestions on government/private hostels which can be
> booked during the conference.
>
> Please provide us details of the places if you know any or if you have
> any other suggestions.

[...]

The easiest thing to do would be to allocate some money to book a few
service apartments near the venue. Make them available on a first come,
first serve basis for female delegates from outside Bangalore.

The second option would be to make a list of suitable delegates in
Bangalore who are willing to host female delegates from outside the city
for the days of the event.

--
Cordially,
Noufal