[Inpycon] Keynote speaker for PyCon India 2015

Abhishek L abhishek.lekshmanan at gmail.com
Sun May 3 17:41:20 CEST 2015

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 8:29 PM, Vijay Bang <vnbang2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't see the logic in that at all.
> I give it up , can't keep explaining .
> Have explained and answered all queries I can on this thread already .

I agree with Noufal here. We shouldn't be restricting ourselves to Indians
or people in any other geography because we host the conference here.
If we see pycons around the world, generally the keynote speakers are
people who have done something great with python or the comunity
and that should be the reason. For eg. Pycon Singapore
may not have a keynote speaker from Singapore
(Andrew Godwin, Lynn Root & Jessica McKellar this year), but people who
have been involved with Python Community or done something good for it.
I think the theme of the conference is Python first & keynote speakers who
can set the tone & inspire us to do something good with Python should
be the choice.

--
Abhishek