[Inpycon] PyCon India 2016

Aniket Maithani maithani.aniket at gmail.com
Fri May 22 13:45:14 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 4:42 PM, Fasih Ahmad Fakhri <
fasihahmadfakhri at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 22 May 2015 at 14:51, Noufal Ibrahim KV <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:

>> > Sure, next will be in New Delhi.
>>
>> It's a huge undertaking and work like assembling a crew of volunteers,
>> scouting for a venue etc. should probably start right away.
>>

> Thanks for realizing the required effort, I will try my best, starting
> today.

Hey Fasih I don't want to demoralize you or something but I have seen
NCR-Python group quite closely in terms of it's growth and interaction. And
nobody will be as happy as me if Pycon would be held in New Delhi. Already
@Satya aka Satyaakam and I had a conversation regarding the same. And there
are few points I want to re-iterate here :

1. How many Pycon(s) have you attended so far?
2. Assuming the number to be 1 or more than 1 I would also like to throw
another question : Have you seen the "backend" workflow of the entire
event?
which include setting up of network/volunteer management etc.
3. How many mailing list thread have you checked upon the same or have
posted your query related to volunteering?
4. Since before pitching for Pycon 2016 will require immense task such as
organising regular meet-ups in the community or hackathons. Will you be
able to take this task? as most of the time the meet-ups gets delayed due
to lack of interest and interaction.
5. Are you sure about the fact that "WE" (assuming help from other
volunteers/interested folks) would be able incite the companies to fund
such an event?

According to me firstly we should try to provide Funding/Volunteers support
for Pycon Bengaluru this year so that it would be much like proving our
"mettle".

Satyakaam and I are already thinking in the same direction. I think we
should also take this mail thread to NCR-Python Group mailing list for the
same.

Thanks & Regards

Aniket Maithani

Backend Developer