[Inpycon] Requesting a table for PSF

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 00:43:57 EDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 4:48 AM, Palak Mathur <palakmathur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2016, at 1:50 PM, Anuvrat Parashar <anuvrat at anuvrat.in> wrote:
>
> Hey
>
> Physical space be it tables or a booth is meant for sponsors. People who
> have paid, not to mention quite handsomely for the same. At least, this is
> the message all our communication / sponsorship brochures project.
>
> While there might be no harm in taking the "chalta hai" (everything goes)
> approach and setting up our PSF, PyDelhi, and BangPypers tables at the
> conference (I would love have one for PyDelhi) why give the sponsors an
> opportunity to crib about something? First such remark may come from
> Associate Sponsors who are not getting even a table.
>
> If we would like to do it, shall we  ensure that it gets included in the
> sponsorship brochures from the beginning itself and the sponsors know it
> upfront that the local / global Python Communities will be competing with
> them for the time and attention of people loitering between talks?
>

> ------
>
> +1. Agree with both Vijay and Anuvrat. PSF was a sponsor for Pycon APAC and
> so they got the table. Same should be followed here.
PSF does not go ahead, and sponsor events of their own. When any conference asks
for grants, we generally provide the grant budget as a sponsor. This is why PSF
is mentioned as a sponsor in PyCon APAC.

This simply shows why we should spend more time to spread the work on PSF to the
greater Python community.

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer