[Inpycon] Site problem

Saurabh Kumar thes.kumar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:17:43 EDT 2016

On 20/06/16 10:39 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV wrote:

[...]
>> Creating blog per year, creates a bit of management/devops overhead.
>> Although I don't the capabilities of volunteers to make it happen.
>
> Okay. I'm not sure how it's run now but earlier, an app would run at
>
>       in.pycon.org/<current year>
>
> and once the conference was over, we'd wget the site recursively and
> just replace the live app with the static files. That way, the URLs
> won't break and the site would be maintained but there's no overhead of
> maintaining an app.
>
>       This was the what we did for 2009, 2010 and I think for 2011.

Sounds like a plan, but unfortunately this is not how it is right now.

The blog for 2015 was at in.pycon.org/blog/, this year I was able to
make in.pycon.org/blog/<year>/ working in the exiting framework, so you
can view in.pycon.org/blog/2015/ and in.pycon.org/blog/2016/ separately.

We would need to proceed with what we have now and proceed without
breaking things.

--
Saurabh Kumar
https://saurabh-kumar.com