[Inpycon] Use Let's Encrypt for HTTPS/TLS on Pycon Website

Karambir Singh Nain akarambir at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 06:42:04 EDT 2016

Hi Everyone

I noticed that Pycon India website's SSL Certificate is expired(on 13th
March). I also tweeted about the issue to @pyconindia and Krace picked it
up. Through this mail, I wanted to suggest to use Let's Encrypt for our
HTTPS(TLS). The major advantages are:

- It is free. For an organization like PSSI, we can use that amount
somewhere else.
- It can be setup to renew itself after two-three months. So no yearly
issues like we have now.
- Let's Encrypt certificates are standard domain validation certificates,
which is what we need here.

For more information about Let's Encrypt, try these links:

https://letsencrypt.org/
https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/frequently-asked-questions-faq/26#topic-title

Cheers

Karambir Singh Nain