[Inpycon] Help with Venue for PyCon India

qua non akshayaurora at gmail.com
Fri May 6 05:26:08 EDT 2016

Hi Folks,

In case not all of you are aware the current slowdown in interaction with
the mailing list for PyCon related tasks is cause we had a setback.

Our existing booking for the SriFort was cancelled by Sri fort Authorities
cause they have their own function that conflicts with our dates.

They have further increased the booking price to be exactly double of what
it was earlier. We have been looking for and have been in talks with other
venues since then.

In our efforts have have looked at almost every other place possible in
delhi most are either not available or not big enough for our needs, we
need main audi with 1000+ seating and two secondary halls with 300, 200
seating.

We are currently in talks with IIT Delhi to book Dogra hall and
accompanying seminar halls for this purpose. We are also in talks with
people from J.P University in Noida for this purpose

Currently our efforts are not really getting us anywhere so this is a call
to the people out in the community.* **If some of you folks have some
contacts in a place that you can get us a booking then please contact us
and help out.***

Backup we are booking JNU, Convention Center if nothing else goes through.
It has a seating capacity of hall 1 350 + hall 2 350. Lecture hall 1 150,
Lecture Hall 2 150, Meeting room 60+.

We are already past the deadline for Venue bookings so we will be
finalizing the booking wishing the next seven days.
If some one has contacts inside IIT Delhi  or can help us some other
similar capacity halls please contact us.

Regards
Akkshay