[Inpycon] [pythonpune] A conversation on Twitter about Python Pune Group

Thin Rhino thinrhino at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:16:24 EDT 2016

The current issue at hand is the 4 day conference announced by Chandan. It
is a great initiative, all support possible will be extended. I don't give
a damn about the name of the conference (ref: discussion on inpycon list).

But before any support can be extended to this event, I wonder why nobody
from the "organising committee" thought of putting up their intentions on
the mailing list? Who all are involved in the organisation of the
conference? What is their motivation to setup a 4 day conference at such a
short notice? Are they seeking for sponsors? and such questions.

As a community, I believe that such information should be first given,
asked for input from the community and then should be declared.

Am I asking for too much?

Regards
Aditya Laghate

On 1 November 2016 at 20:35, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:

> For those who are amused by the subject line, here's context in the thread
>
> <https://twitter.com/thinrhino/status/793468167519473664>
>
> It would be good to scroll down where there is a note from Jaidev
> about specific items which can be acted upon viz. having a
> calendar/schedule of events; better management of speaker calls and
> such.
>
> --
> sankarshan mukhopadhyay
> <https://about.me/sankarshan.mukhopadhyay>

"Ship is safe at harbor but it is not made for that."