[Inpycon] Announcing PyCon Pune 2017 & Call for Volunteers

Thin Rhino thinrhino at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 00:45:03 EDT 2016

On 3 November 2016 at 09:05, Noufal Ibrahim <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:

> A little historical note here. I used to advocate using the mailing list
> for all discussions no matter how messy and chaotic it became. It worked
> well for me and while some people found it overwhelming, lack of
> transparency wasn't a big problem (atleast I think not). When the whole
> affair grew, this bazaar style of doing things didn't really cut it for
> many people and various other more focussed channels for discussing things
> came up (e.g. junction for talk selections and reviews, a
> contact at in.pycon.org mail alias etc.). This made things more efficient
> but at the cost of less transparency.
>
> I'm not sure what the way ahead is.

I completely understand that the bazaar way of things don't work.

For all practical purposes a small core group will do the work and not
every planning detail is expected to be shared on the group. But, first
basic intimation of thought of conducting a conference, inviting interested
people to join the core group, a few pointers on the progress and such
information HAS be posted on the group.

That is the level of transparency is required.

Currently, Kushal Das and Chandan Kumar are running this show as if it is
their private conference. I really wonder why Kushal is not holding this
conference under his DGPLUG banner and wants to use the PythonPune banner
to conduct this conference? Historically, I am aware that Chandan wanted to
conduct PyCon 2016 in Pune, but PyDelhi team was much stronger for him to
compete. I believe now Kushal is just enabling Chandan to prove that Pune
can conduct PyPune 2017 or 18. But sadly, using all the wrong methods to do
so.

Anyways, I know that we Indians (99%) have no regard for morals, so even if
something is morally wrong we will still endorse it, in public and will
still attend the conference. We all will eat at an illegal stall and
complain, why the govt. cannot remove these illegal stalls.

Have fun folks

Adi-os!

--
"Ship is safe at harbor but it is not made for that."