[Inpycon] Announcing PyCon Pune 2017 & Call for Volunteers

Kushal Das kushaldas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:44:01 EDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV
<noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 14 2016, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> From their 2014 e-mail, they do state that they allow both "national
>> and regional PyCon conferences". I am not sure what is their stand
>> now. You really need to write to PSF and ask.
>
> [...]
>
> This is what Kushal mentioned too and from the text, I see no reason why
> they'd object. It's not about whether it's "allowed" or not.
>
> What I'm saying is that it goes against a long standing convention and
> that it dilutes the brand name of the larger event.
We are not using PyCon India brand name, instead having a new PyCon
all together. We are planning to have 500-700 attendees for the conference.
2 days of talks + 2 more days full scale upstream devsprints. This event
will be big enough to have PyCon in the name.

Kushal
--
Fedora Cloud Engineer
CPython Core Developer