[Inpycon] Announcing PyCon Pune 2017 & Call for Volunteers

Thin Rhino thinrhino at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 22:55:38 EDT 2016

On 18 October 2016 at 07:23, Shakthi Kannan <shakthimaan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> --- On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 10:23 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV
> <noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:
> | We don't decide whether to have dev sprints at an event or not just
> | considering the legality. We discuss to tease out pros and cons so that
> | our final decision is good and substantiated rather than just legal.
> \--
>
> That is your approach and I shall leave it at that. Thanks for your
> prompt replies and comments

Looks like we all love "making a mountain out of a molehill"!

>From https://www.python.org/psf/trademarks/pycon/ it is very clear that
the convention for using PyCon is currently set at PyCon <country>.

It also has the following text in it:
"If we have forgotten a national or regional PyCon conference in this list
or have used the wrong naming, please write to the PSF trademark committee
for approval."

I don't see PyCon Pune in the list. Maybe Kushal can apply for the
trademark and if he gets permission he can use it.

Simple, right?

--
"Ship is safe at harbor but it is not made for that."