[Inpycon] PythonExpress Partnership

Vijay Kumar vijaykumar at bravegnu.org
Wed Oct 19 04:15:49 EDT 2016

On Wed, October 19, 2016 12:11 pm, vijay kumar wrote:
> In same City Cab expense.
> For other city travel cost based on mode of transport . Presently we have
> set upper limit to 3K

I am not sure if this was already discussed, but how about getting grants
from the PSF? There is specifically mention of workshops in
https://www.python.org/psf/grants/ I am inlining the specific text here.

<quote>
Q. I am running a Python educational program or workshop. How big a grant
should I ask for?

A. The maximum educational program grant size is typically USD 25 per
student, provided the students each receive at least 6 hours of Python
instruction as part of the educational program. We give preference to
students who would otherwise not be able to attend such classes. If the
class has an educational hardware component such as a Raspberry Pi that
the students get to keep, you may request up to USD 50 per student. Please
note that subsequent funding requests for workshops in the same region may
be funded at a lower rate to encourage sustainable, long-term
relationships with local sponsors. When submitting your workshop grant
request, it helps the board to see a brief budget for your event.
</quote>

Sorry, if this was already discussed.

Regards,
Vijay