[Inpycon] PyCon India 2017 dates & venue suggestion

Jaidev Deshpande deshpande.jaidev at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 01:57:27 EDT 2017

On Wed, 5 Apr 2017 at 10:40 Sanyam Khurana <sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Anuvrat Parashar <anuvrat at anuvrat.in>
> wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Sanyam Khurana <
> sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > Whichever (conf / sprint) has the prospect of attracting more attendees
> > should get the weekend.
> > So that less people have to take extra leaves.
> > IMO its the conference.
> >
> > what say?
>
> I'd agree with Krace if we can have one day for workshop, two days for
> conf and two days for dev sprints.
>

> > Or something completely unheard of.
> >
> > lets do it from Monday to Friday.
> > So that people visiting from other parts of India can choose to stay back
> > for the weekend and enjoy the places in and around Delhi, without the
> > conference holding them in one place.
> >
> > too weird?
> >

> I'm not sure about this. Not looking good to me.

I would strongly advise against having the talks on any day other than a
Saturday and a Sunday. Talks are the most popular and the most visible
parts of the conference. We would not want participation to take a hit
during the talk days for whatever reason. It might especially annoy the
sponsors too.