[Inpycon] Suggestions for the Keynote Speaker

Thu Apr 27 23:24:03 EDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 6:50 PM, Jaidev Deshpande
<deshpande.jaidev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm starting this thread to ask for suggestions for the three (at least two)
> keynote speakers we need for PyCon India 2017.
>
> I have spoken to Peter Wang (https://www.continuum.io/people/peter-wang)
> about this and he has agreed in principle. He'll block his dates as soon as
> we send him a formal invitation.
>
> Have any of you spoken to anyone about being a keynote speaker? Do you have
> any suggestions?

I realize that often these threads begin as which specific
international speakers need outreach and such. I'm going to propose
the name of someone who is not international. I believe that we should
consider Abhaya Agarwal as a keynote speaker. A number of us are
familiar with Abhaya as one of the individuals behind Pothi.com.
Digital publications and publishing throws up interesting challenges
in economics and efficiency - Abhaya has been doing more than
tinkering around these topics to be able to provide a sizeable chunk
of end-user experience and product/service value. The conference would
benefit from having Abhaya speaking.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>