[Inpycon] Suggestions for sponsorship draft (was: Draft version of sponsorship prospectus)

Noufal Ibrahim KV noufal at nibrahim.net.in
Tue Dec 5 12:57:16 EST 2017

On Tue, Dec 05 2017, vijay kumar wrote:

> Requesting everyone to share inputs if any.  We want to start work on
> finalizing sponsorship prospectus from tomorrow evening.

[...]

I've just finished looking through and commenting on it. It's very well
thought out. I've put comments/suggestions in specific places on the doc
itself but here are some more general comments.

1. The whole thing needs a good round of proof reading. There are some
   grammar mistakes here and there which give the whole document an
   incomplete feel. I've corrected the ones I've seen while skimming but
   I'm sure there are more.

2. I'm not sure if the visual elements (formatting, fonts etc.) were
   lost by Google drive but they look rather messed up. I'm presuming
   that the origin. If we've got the website design more or less
   finalised, it would be nice to give this brochure a similar look. I'm
   guessing that since this is a draft, we're just focussing on the
   content.

3. The main point is the sponsorship slabs for startups. 50k is the
   minimum for a startup. Half a lakh is a huge amount of money for a
   small company. We're effectively excluding them from being part of
   the conference although they have much to add to the community. Can't
   we create an exclusive slot for them which has minimal privileges but
   which don't sell the higher slab sponsors short? Here are some
   suggestions.
   - Allow access to the resume database after all the sponsors have
     their chance.
   - Prepare a long desk in one hall for a few hours where these
     companies can advertise themselves. (this is high effort).

   The idea is to attract small companies to the conference as companies
   (and not as individual participants).

Apart from these, it looks solid. Great work.

--
Cordially,
Noufal