[Inpycon] Pyladies/Django Girls @ PyCon India 2018

Anwesha Das anwesha at das.community
Mon Dec 11 10:05:20 EST 2017

On 12/07/2017 12:58 AM, Vanitha Shanmugam wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In sponsorship doc, there was a suggestion to recognize pyladies
> chapters in Pycon India 2018.
> As part of 10th year celebration, why don't we take some initiative to
> encourage Pyladies and Django Girls chanpters in India?

I would like to suggest a  separate a whole day "PyLadies Track" in
PyCon India, 2018. This will help fetch more women speakers in PyCon
India, (than a generic Community Track) On this 10th year of PyCon India
let us celebrate the Ladies in Python Land.

> Some inputs below:
>
> Inviting them to speaker dinner party to have a networking sesssion.

Instead inviting people to Speaker dinner, can we have a "PyLadies
Lunch" on one of the day of the conference itself?

Cheers
Anwesha