[Inpycon] Minutes from the PyCon India 2018 Volunteer Meeting - 11th December 2017
anirudhastark at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 12 02:16:13 EST 2017
On Tuesday 12 December 2017, 11:46:16 AM IST, Sayan Chowdhury <sayan.chowdhury2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
Etherpad Link: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/pyconindia2018
PyCon India 2018 volunteer's meeting on 11th Dec, 2017
Agenda for the meeting:
* Finalize Sponsorship Prospectus
- Purusharth is going to do the beamer presentation in 2 days and
will share on the mailing list.
- We should get the final version out in public by Friday.
* List out the details of website content
- What is PyCon India?
- Success stories related to PyCon India
- What is new in 10th Edition of PyCon India 2018
- Success stories from 2009 to 2017
- Information about Local user groups including PyLadies chapter,
Django Groups, SciPy groups
Action Items: Farhaan to get a list of above groups and share on ML
* Work on speedup the PyCon India website
- Check on using firebase
- Check on using openshift?
- Check on using CDN for faster load of websites
- (adding to it) Try for surge.sh. It provides cdn by default.
* Discuss and decide on finding Keynote speakers
- We need to create new google form with more data point so we
select top 5-6 tools/library we use in common.
- Once we get top tools/library we will approach library owner and
invite as keynote speaker .
- At the same, we need to even make list of potential Indian keynote
* Social Media team and way to go for it
- Farhaan to get list of all python related mailing list and their
- Saptak and Sayan will follow up with Farhaan
- ETA: Wednesday
- get their phone numbers through introduction emall
- volunteers at in.pycon.org Add all volunteers to this list.
* Finalizing CFP Dates
- CFP opening dates: Mid Jan, 2018
- Closing : closing June 3-4
- First Cut by June 25
- Final selection July 28th
* Registration opening dates: Feb 9 2018
* Discussion on Registration will be finalized (to be done around mid
Jan, after some movement on the sponsorship)
- Action items:
* need more members for content team
Sayan Chowdhury <https://sayanchowdhury.dgplug.org/>
Senior Software Engineer, Fedora Engineering - Emerging Platform
GPG Fingerprint : 0F16 E841 E517 225C 7D13 AB3C B023 9931 9CD0 5C8B
Proud to work at The Open Organization!
Inpycon mailing list
Inpycon at python.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Inpycon