[Inpycon] PyCon India 2017 dates & venue suggestion

Jaidev Deshpande deshpande.jaidev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 22:08:28 EST 2017

Hi Sanyam & others,

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 at 18:02 Sanyam Khurana <sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> We're currently considering IIM Lucknow (Nodia Campus) as event host
> for PyCon India 2017. We will be holding PyDelhi Conf in the same
> venue to test it out and to see if we face any major issues. We still
> have JNU as a backup option.
>
> If some one has a better option and can help us in getting that venue,
> please do let us know.
>
> We are looking for input on the dates to book the venue for.
>
> October 27, 28, 29 looks like a good option.

I don't have a specific problem with these dates, but I feel these are a
little too late. Again, no specific problem - just that it feels a little
beyond "PyCon season", so to speak. Secondly, I think the dates should be
dictated broadly by two things - venue and speaker availability. Where are
we on those? What kind of date constraints do we have at IIM? Let's also
get an idea of which potential keynote speakers will be available when.

> Please let us know if you have any suggestions/issues with the dates
> proposed.
>
> Sanyam
> (On behalf of Team PyCon India)
> --