[Inpycon] PyCon India 2017 dates & venue suggestion

qua non akshayaurora at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 00:02:31 EST 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 8:38 AM, Jaidev Deshpande <
deshpande.jaidev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sanyam & others,
>
> On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 at 18:02 Sanyam Khurana <sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> We're currently considering IIM Lucknow (Nodia Campus) as event host
>> for PyCon India 2017. We will be holding PyDelhi Conf in the same
>> venue to test it out and to see if we face any major issues. We still
>> have JNU as a backup option.
>>
>> If some one has a better option and can help us in getting that venue,
>> please do let us know.
>>
>> We are looking for input on the dates to book the venue for.
>>
>> October 27, 28, 29 looks like a good option.
>>

> I don't have a specific problem with these dates, but I feel these are a
> little too late. Again, no specific problem - just that it feels a little
> beyond "PyCon season", so to speak. Secondly, I think the dates should be
> dictated broadly by two things - venue and speaker availability. Where are
> we on those? What kind of date constraints do we have at IIM?

IIM is mostly available in Sept, Oct.  We will ask them again once we have
decided on a date here.

> Let's also get an idea of which potential keynote speakers will be
> available when.

I remember you talked to some one for a Keynote, do you have a specific
date/time period they would be available?

Let's start a separate thread for Keynote speakers.

The main reason for suggesting Oct 27-29 was it would be late in Oct
hopefully avoiding some of the heat Delhi is famous for.

It should be fine to adjust based on the need of the attendees including
Keynote speakers.

Regards
Akkshay