[Inpycon] PyCon India 2017 dates & venue suggestion

Vanitha Shanmugam vani.pree at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 09:49:57 EST 2017

Hi,

On 26 February 2017 at 18:01, Sanyam Khurana <sanyam.khurana01 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> We're currently considering *IIM Lucknow (Nodia Campus) as event host*
> for PyCon India 2017. We will be holding PyDelhi Conf in the same
> venue to test it out and to see if we face any major issues. We still
> have JNU as a backup option.

I believe IIM Lucknow is just the venue considered for PyCon India 2017 and
it is not hosting the event as such..

Just want to know if the organising committee had a chance to look at the
venue selection guidelines (
https://github.com/pythonindia/pyconindia-handbook/blob/master/guidelines/venue.rst).
It would be better to decide/suggest other venues, if someone can update
here the facilities provided in IIM.

I attended PyCon India last year in JNU and am not really sure if we can
consider that as an option. I don't think that the participants were happy
with the venue as we heard a lot of negative feedbacks. We might have to
keep that in mind this year.

> If some one has a better option and can help us in getting that venue,
> please do let us know.

> We are looking for input on the dates to book the venue for.
>
> October 27, 28, 29 looks like a good option.

Since Diwali is on 19th October, am not sure if these dates will be
convenient for people to take leaves for consecutive weeks.

Thanks,
Vanitha