[Inpycon] PyCon India 2017 dates & venue suggestion

Anand B Pillai anandpillai at letterboxes.org
Tue Feb 28 02:53:22 EST 2017

On Tuesday 28 February 2017 12:03 AM, qua non wrote:

>     Since Diwali is on 19th October, am not sure if these dates will be
>     convenient for people to take leaves for consecutive weeks.
>

> The weekend just before Diwali should be fine then.
> 13th 14th 15th Oct

October is a festival season in India - meaning different things for
different people.

Having the conference in late October is not advisable. These dates fall
in mid October so it may be okay.

The only time we had PyCon in October before was in 2015 but it was the
first week-end of October.

Is there anything preventing us from hosting the conference in the venue
during September ? Suggest to discuss it before finalizing the dates.

Thanks,

--Anand