[Inpycon] PyCon India 2017 dates & venue suggestion

praveen patil praveenkumar103 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 10:32:04 EST 2017

Hello

anandpillai at letterboxes.org> wrote:

>> On Tuesday 28 February 2017 12:03 AM, qua non wrote:
>>

>> >     Since Diwali is on 19th October, am not sure if these dates will be
>> >     convenient for people to take leaves for consecutive weeks.
>> >

>> > The weekend just before Diwali should be fine then.
>> > 13th 14th 15th Oct

Science Hack Day India is happening on 13-15 October 2017 at Belgaum.
http://sciencehackday.in

Please consider this request while finalising the dates for PyCon India.

It would be awesome if you all pythonistas and science lovers join us. :)
Also we don't want to miss PyCon India.

>> October is a festival season in India - meaning different things for
>> different people.
>>
>> Having the conference in late October is not advisable. These dates fall
>> in mid October so it may be okay.
>>
>> The only time we had PyCon in October before was in 2015 but it was the
>> first week-end of October.
>>
>> Is there anything preventing us from hosting the conference in the venue
>> during September ? Suggest to discuss it before finalizing the dates.
>

> The Delhi heat, is the only reason to think of having the conf in oct,
there is no reason
> other than that.
>
> The venue is Air conditioned, late September should be fine too.

Thanks and Regards
Praveen