[Inpycon] [Discussion] Guidelines for Keynote speaker

Tue May 2 22:23:01 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Noufal Ibrahim KV
<noufal at nibrahim.net.in> wrote:
> My personal "main criterion" for a keynote speaker is that he or she
> should be a crowd puller. People should want to attend the event *just*
> to see the person speak.

There is a small downside to a "crowd puller" criteria - the
individual has to be fairly well known to a large cross section of the
audience. Events treat keynotes in different manner - some want to use
that to sell more tickets (and thus have more audience); some want to
provide a platform for introducing a not-so-well-recognized individual
who has meaningful learning to share. I do not agree that a keynote
speaker has to be the sole reason for the target audience to attend
the event - even if the speaker's brand/charisma/knowledge helps in
headlining and promotions.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>