[Inpycon] Summary of the PyCon India 2018 Planning Meeting - November 18, 2017

Sayan Chowdhury sayan.chowdhury2012 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 01:24:04 EST 2017

Hi,

Last Saturday, we had a planning meeting for PyCon India 2018. Here
are the things that were discussed:

* Conference Days
  - We discussed about having the Python for Kids running in parallel
to the conference. And increasing the number of conference days to 3.
This depends on the team that is evaluating the Python for Kids
program. The benefit of having the Python for Kids in parallel to the
event is that the Kids can understand the community around it, how
people use the stuff they are learning, and also the community can
interact with the kids.

* Venue
  - We would be visiting the BIEC today. Vijay has started a thread on
the same. If you plan to visit, reply to the thread.
  - We will also look into the Christ College auditorium, if it fits our needs.

* Website
  - Akshay has shared a few designs of logo on the website and is
right now working on the website design.
  - We might deploy a initial version of the website on Dec 1 and then
reiterate over it.

* Sponsorship
  - We discussed on the sponsorship slabs. I will drop a separate
thread to discuss the sponsorship slab.

* Internet
  - Reach out to Google, ACT, Tikona for in-kind network sponsors.

* Startup Row
  - Vijay to start a thread on having Startup Row at PyCon India

* Reviving having poster presentation again.
* Sayan to start a thread on IRC meeting time.
* Community space
  - Promote open source core/regular upstream developers to showcase
their project in the space.

--
Sayan Chowdhury <https://sayanchowdhury.dgplug.org/>
Senior Software Engineer, Fedora Engineering - Emerging Platform

Proud to work at The Open Organization!